PURPOSE: The purpose of this Article is to provide a regulatory framework for the construction and operation of Large Wind Energy Systems (LWES) in the Town of New Ipswich, subject to reasonable restrictions that will:
1. preserve and protect the public health, safety and welfare and the character of the Town;
2. allow renewable energy in a manner consistent with the vision and goals of the New Ipswich Master Plan;
3. minimize the visual Impact of a LWES;
4. protect individual residents and the Natural Environment from any adverse conditions caused by the LWES and from any potential injury or damage from hazards associated with failure of LWES components and/or Debris Hazards;
5. ensure the financial security necessary for the operation, decommissioning, and removal of these systems;
6. ensure the compatibility of any LWES with other land uses within the Town; and
7. protect property values.