NORWAY -- The Norwegian Water Resources and Energy Directorate (NVE) has decided to stop all turbines at the Vardfjellet wind farm due to disruptions in the digital terrestrial network.
NVE was notified earlier this autumn that the newly built wind farm on Vardafjellet affected the TV signals to neighbors in the area. On 23 October, NVE instructed the developer to put in place both permanent and temporary solutions which meant that the TV signals were rectified by 6 November. The decision stated the following:
If the temporary solutions for end users are not in place by 06.11.2020 at At 12:00, the licensee shall immediately stop turbines 1 and 3. The turbines shall be shut down until temporary solutions have been established at the end users who are affected by interference. NVE may order further shutdown of turbines if shutdown of turbines 1 and 3 is not sufficient to restore the TV signals
When temporary and permanent solutions were not in place on 6 November, licensee turbines 1 and 3 stopped in accordance with the decision of 23.10.2020.
Stopping two turbines did not have the desired effect
After turbines 1 and 3 were stopped, it was discovered that this was not sufficient to recover the TV signals. It is unclear which turbines are now causing interference, so that the TV signals are disturbed. NVE has therefore made a new decision in the case. The decision states that:
- NVE orders shutdown of all turbines at Vardafjellet wind farm.
- The licensee must send NVE a confirmation that the turbines have been stopped no later than November 16 2020 at 15.00.
- The licensee can start single turbines or combinations of turbines for a limited period on weekdays. This is to be able to carry out measurements in order to identify which turbines are causing interference.
- The licensee shall prepare a proposal for a measurement program. The measurement program must be submitted to NVE before the measurements can start.
- The measurement program shall be prepared and carried out by qualified personnel.
- The results of the measurements shall be submitted to NVE. If the measurements document that some turbines do not cause interference, these can be put into operation.
Translation to English using Google Translate