Article

Anger as company resubmits rejected wind farm proposal

Campaigners backing the Saxby Wolds Against Turbines (Swat) campaign feel disappointed their efforts to get this application rejected have been dismissed. Neil Cameron, chairman for the campaign, said: "I am just disappointed the developers have not listened to our requests.

Developers have resubmitted an application to build 18 wind turbines after it was refused the go ahead last year.

Councillors on the North Lincolnshire Planning Committee turned down RWE npower renewable's plans to erect the 125m-high turbines at Horkstow, near South Ferriby, much to the delight of opposing residents.

But since that decision last December, the energy firm has resubmitted its plans to try to persuade councillors the scheme is the right step forward.

Officials say this move follows a review of the site after the original application was narrowly turned down.

Clare Wilson, development manager at RWE npower renewables, said: "The original Saxby Wold application was consistent with local planning policy and was recommended for approval by North Lincolnshire Council planning officers.

"We believe our proposal will bring a wide range of economic benefits to the region, including new jobs and opportunities for the local supply chain, and also support the council's own economic growth and employment strategy for the Humber region.

"We took the decision to resubmit the proposals to allow time for a more detailed consideration of the... more [truncated due to possible copyright]  

Developers have resubmitted an application to build 18 wind turbines after it was refused the go ahead last year.

Councillors on the North Lincolnshire Planning Committee turned down RWE npower renewable's plans to erect the 125m-high turbines at Horkstow, near South Ferriby, much to the delight of opposing residents.

​But since that decision last December, the energy firm has resubmitted its plans to try to persuade councillors the scheme is the right step forward.

Officials say this move follows a review of the site after the original application was narrowly turned down.

Clare Wilson, development manager at RWE npower renewables, said: "The original Saxby Wold application was consistent with local planning policy and was recommended for approval by North Lincolnshire Council planning officers.

"We believe our proposal will bring a wide range of economic benefits to the region, including new jobs and opportunities for the local supply chain, and also support the council's own economic growth and employment strategy for the Humber region.

"We took the decision to resubmit the proposals to allow time for a more detailed consideration of the wider economic benefits before pursuing the option of an appeal."

Campaigners backing the Saxby Wolds Against Turbines (Swat) campaign feel disappointed their efforts to get this application rejected have been dismissed.

Neil Cameron, chairman for the campaign, said: "I am just disappointed the developers have not listened to our requests.

"We fought hard last year for the same application to be refused and were delighted when it was.

"This just shows how little the developers listened to all the residents.

"We will fight again and our campaign still stands strong.

"At the moment, we are waiting for more information from the developers and the planning committee before we start to proceed with our campaign against this application."

An exhibition roadshow outlining the proposals and economic benefits will be touring North Lincolnshire for local comment this month.

For copies of the planning application, visit www.northlincs.gov.uk


Source: http://www.thisisscunthorpe...

JUL 4 2011
https://www.windaction.org/posts/31268-anger-as-company-resubmits-rejected-wind-farm-proposal
back to top